Seeking Regional Development Coordinator
Region 10 L.E.A.P. Inc. is seeking applications from qualified applicants for the position of Regional Development Coordinator. Examples of Duties include: grant application and administration, meeting/community facilitation, project development, regional planning, outreach and community coordination. Qualifications: A degree in related field, and/or equivalent experience in rural economic, community and/or business development, and experience with federal and state programs associated with the above field. Submit letter of interest and current resume to Region 10, 300 North Cascade, Suite 1, Montrose, CO 81401 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
General Statement of Duties
An exempt position that is responsible for the coordination and implementation of community, economic and business development activities for member communities.
The Development Coordinator position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Examples of Duties
- Facilitation of community processes related to community, economic and/or business development, including convening of appropriate parties and/or resources.
- Assistance to member communities and non-profit agencies in grant resources, application and administration, and assistance in Region 10 grant projects.
- Coordination of community activities related to areas of community interest.
- Project Development as may be identified by Region 10 and member communities.
- Regional Planning in the areas of land use, transportation, economic development, growth and other subject areas as may be identified.
- Assistance in administration of Enterprise Zone projects.
Statement of Experience & Education
- Knowledge for socio-economic and demographic data and sources and the application of information.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of government.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of state and federal grant programs
- Demonstrated experience in rural community, economic and/or business development.
- Ability to take a vision and initiate an activity, product, or service.
- Degree in a related field.
Position requires travel throughout the six-county service area and the state of Colorado, with potential for limited overnight trips. Personal Vehicle required.