REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR OLATHE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
Region 10 League for Economic Assistance and Planning hereby requests proposals from qualified consultant(s). The Region 10 League for Economic Assistance and Planning to inventory businesses operating in the Project area and identify opportunities to attract new businesses or expand existing businesses in Olathe, Colorado. The Project has three main components: 1) a business inventory that includes onsite surveys of businesses in Olathe; 2) a market assessment showing underserved markets gaps that may exist in the supply chain; and 3) strategies, recommendations, and a long-term economic development work program. The product is a customized, actionable plan that identifies the unique growth opportunities in Olathe and challenges and obstacles that need to be addressed to activate Olathe’s opportunities.
Work items shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Complete a business inventory including onsite survey of businesses in Olathe;
- Complete a market assessment showing underserved market gaps that may exist in Olathe;
- Complete a long-term economic development work program with strategies and recommendations.
SCOPE OF WORK AS OF JANUARY 2018
- Initial Meeting with community leaders and Region 10 staff.
- Business Inventory.
- Compile list of businesses
- Prepare survey questionnaire
- Site visits with businesses to perform survey-The survey will gather operational information including number of employees, explicit impacts of seasonality, customer type (i.e. locals, regional residents, visitors), hours/seasons of operation, year established, and challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Create business data base-Compile data and information from the business inventory, property inventory, and the business survey into a searchable database. The goal of this task is to provide entrepreneurs, business owners, investors and community leaders with a user-friendly tool that is easily updated and will provide a centralized source for tracking existing commercial activity in the Olathe area.
- Develop business database and results of survey.
- Develop strategies
- Determine which businesses types and retail categories are well-served or over-represented, identify market gaps, and highlight commercial development opportunities for the future.
- Develop implementation plan with community leaders and Region 10 staff.
- Infrastructure analysis-based on strategies, analyze the community infrastructure and highlight strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop a long-term strategy for economic development in Olathe. Strategies to include business attraction and retention of existing businesses.
- Assess Olathe’s capacity to develop a business-related organization, such as Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Development Organization, or become a Colorado Main Street partner.
- Onsite presentation of strategic plan to community.
Anticipated project start date is February 15, 2018 and completion date for the entire project is June 30, 2018.
Again, Region 10 expressly reserves the right to reject any and all bids pertaining to this project for any reason whatsoever.
Proposals are due either electronically or by mail by 5:00 PM January 31, 2018.
300 North Cascade, STE 1
Montrose, CO 81401
Email proposals to:
admin@Region10.net with subject line Olathe Economic Development Strategy
Questions can be addressed in writing to either: