Contract Position Available: Olathe Economic and Business Development
Deadline: Wed, Oct 2, 2019
Region 10 League for Economic Assistance and Planning is seeking consultant(s) to implement economic development, downtown business recruitment, and promotion activities for Olathe, CO.
Olathe businesses and stakeholders recently developed an economic diversification strategy plan. The plan included four strategies to strengthen Olathe’s economy:
1) Retail Sales and Service Enhancement
2) Business and Entrepreneur Support
3) Economic Development Capacity Support
4) Community Development to increase population and business attraction
The selected candidate(s)/firm will
- Establish a productive relationship between the business community, including Spanish speaking business owners; town government; with town staff and other economic development stakeholders
- Review, assess and implement various studies
- Identify current and potential development and redevelopment opportunities
- Assist in establishing a formal structure of the newly created Olathe Business Hub and identify funding streams to support its operations
- Enhance retail sales and services through business attraction, downtown promotion, and activities/events to improve awareness of current businesses to include:
- Business outreach and networking
- Working with property owners to identify additional areas available for businesses
- Begin recruitment of targeted business activities
- Work with the Olathe Business Hub to create downtown events and activities to create awareness of businesses and the community, such as a shop local campaign
- Encourage and support entrepreneurship and new business through collaboration with Making Olathe Better (MOB) and Conexión (a new Olathe co-working space)
- Other efforts will include ongoing business training and support through partnerships with Region 10, SBDC, ENGAGE, etc.
- Community development activities necessary to support the attraction of businesses and population, with downtown improvements/beautification as a key component
The selected candidate/firm shall be able to show proven results in economic development and downtown improvement related experience highlighted by successful creation and implementation of economic development strategies; business attraction, retention, and expansion; maintaining excellent relationships with the business and government stakeholders; and cultural awareness and inclusion of working with Spanish speaking businesses. This position will require a significant amount of time in the community, and some travel for regional and state meetings. This position will be a contract position through June 2020. It is anticipated this position will be contracted for approximately 15 – 20 hours/week. Proposals/Resumes should include a cover letter, relevant experience and projects, and a proposed hourly rate (travel and meetings expenses will be covered by the project). Please submit information to: email@example.com, with Olathe Economic Development as the subject line by Wednesday, Oct 2, 2019.