Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a 6-week educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
Wednesdays, March 14- April 18, 1-3:30 p.m.
Region 10, Montrose
$25, suggested donation
Call 970-765-3131 or by email
Registration deadline Wed, March 7
What the class includes:
Tools for you, the family caregiver, to:
- Reduce stress
- Communicate effectively with other family members, your doctor, and paid help
- Take care of yourself
- Reduce guilt, anger, and depression
- Help you relax
- Make tough decisions
- Set goals and problem-solve
A How-To book with class content and information about:
- Hiring in-home help
- Helping memory-impaired elders
- Making legal and financial decisions
- Making decisions about care facility placement
- Understanding depression
- Making decisions about driving
What the class doesn’t include:
- Focus on specific diseases or hands-on caregiving for the care receiver.